Valentine’s Day is just a few days away and while I’m not really big on throwing a party on Valentine’s Day, I am someone who likes to make (or buy) little gifts for people who are special to me. And if I’m being completely honest, I am also someone who enjoys receiving treats whether it’s a pack of candies, a box of chocolates, a bouquet of flowers, or just about anything. Just saying. 🙂
For Valentine’s Day I thought of making cheesecakes in a jar simply because I had been craving for one (Oreo cheesecake in particular) and also because everybody here at home loves cheesecake!
Today, I’ll be sharing with you our no-bake cheesecake recipe along with the printable gift tags I designed for Valentine’s Day which you can download below.
We usually prefer blueberry filling for the topping but because it is for Valentine’s Day, I used strawberries instead in some of the jars to match the red and pink colors going on during that day. The strawberries I bought were a little sour so maybe next time, I’ll just buy strawberry pie filling in a can.
The cheesecake recipe we use at home is no-bake and uses gelatin and cream to firm up the cheesecake. Since it is no-bake, we can’t expect the cheesecake to be as firm as a baked one. Nevertheless, it’s still as delicious, maybe even creamier, and definitely a lot easier to make!
- 1¼ cups Graham cracker crumbs
- ⅓ cup Melted butter
- 3 tbsps Sugar
- 1 8oz Cream cheese
- ¼ cup Sugar
- 1 tbsp Unflavored gelatin
- 3 tbsps Fresh Milk
- 1 cup All purpose cream, chilled
- 1 cup Blueberries/Strawberries/Cherries in syrup or any toppings of your choice
- For the crust: Mix Graham cracker crumbs with sugar, and melted butter. Press crust mixture into the bottom of your jar or on a pie pan. Set aside
- For the filling: Beat cream cheese and sugar until well blended.
- Dissolve unflavored gelatin in milk over low heat and add it to the cream cheese and sugar mixture while still hot. Continue beating.
- In a separate bowl, whip cream until stiff peaks form and then fold it into the cream cheese mixture.
- Pour onto crust. I used ziplock as a piping bag to put in the cream cheese mixture inside the jars.
- Cover and refrigerate for about an hour.
- Top with your choice of pie filling and return to the ref to chill for a few more hours.
Here are the Valentine’s Day printable tags that I designed. Just click on the picture below to open the file and then just save it on your computer. You can use this not just for treats in a jar but for other gifts and favors you plan to give away on Valentine’s Day.
Hope you all enjoy this recipe as well as the free printables! Have a happy Hearts Day, guys! 🙂